Pages

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red0\green0\blue0;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 }

Welcome!!

Welcome to my blog!! Thank you for coming to visit and read my ramblings about loving learning and teaching. I hope you can find something you like and can use in your own classrooms! Happy Blogging!

Friday, March 28, 2014

Multiplication (old school)

Oh multiplication tables. I thought that I hated them when I had to learn them but they are so much worse when you are trying to encourage students to memorize them. It is so hard to help students to understand the importance of knowing your multiplication tables. I have been getting pretty discouraged lately because I really felt like we were getting no where with multiplication tables. So I decide to pull out the old school School House Rock videos to help students in their efforts to memorize the terrifying multiplication tables. Thankfully YouTube makes them all readily available. The catchy tunes have been helping students to remember their tables. For your watching pleasure today I have added "3 is a Magic Number,"  I hope that this video brings back memories and helps spark an interest in memorizing multiplication.


No comments:

Post a Comment